CS2 Guided Projects & Labs
Students in CSC 216 - Programming Concepts in Java at NC State University complete three Guided Projects and 12 labs over the course of the semester. These labs build into a course registration system that is almost 10,000 lines of source and test code. The Guided Projects and Labs are provided below; however, the teaching staff tests are only available upon request to faculty interested in looking at the full labs. Contact sarah_heckman @ ncsu.edu for more details or with any questions.
Guided Projects introduce students to course technologies while reviewing prereq materials from a CS1 course. Students are creating a personal course planning tool called WolfScheduler.
- Guided Project 1: Focuses on object-oriented composition and introduces students to Eclipse, GitHub, and Jenkins.
- Guided Project 2: Focuses on inheritance.
- Guided Project 3: Focuses on unit and system testing.
The lab assignments build throughout the semester and incorporate some WolfScheduler functionality to create the PackSchduler course registration system.
- Lab 00: Installation and Pair Programming
- Lab 01: Project Creation
- Lab 02: Verification and Validation Best Practices
- Lab 03: Collections
- Lab 04: Design
- Lab 05: Inspection and Debugging
- Lab 06: Finite State Machines
- Lab 07: ArrayList
- Lab 08: LinkedList
- Lab 09: Stacks and Queues
- Lab 10: Iterators
- Lab 11: Recursion
- Lab 12: Graphical User Interfaces